The Business Development Executive will be responsible for revenue generation across WiHTL, DiR and 'inclusion in'
This role will report to the Marketing and Community Development Director.
- New business development which involves identifying, contacting by various methods (i.e telephone; email; LinkedIn), and converting sales from the right target prospects
- Utilising different sales methods for liaising with sales prospects in order to be able to build relationships and ultimately generate revenue
- Ongoing nurturing of relationships to convert prospects into customers
- Day-to-day use of our CRM platform Hubspot to track and optimise the end-to-end customer journey from awareness to renewal
- Using different outreach formats including email templates to contact prospects and customers with the right message
- Using LinkedIn, phone calls and emails for sales lifecycle
- Converting sales through calls; video calls; meetings to build trust and close the deal
- Tracking of sales activity on a day to day basis via CRM
- Weekly and monthly sales reporting
- Liaising with marketing to ensure our sales collateral is optimal and that our lead generation is ideally placed to the right customers with the right message and on the right channels
- Keeping abreast and present on channels that our target customers use to gain knowledge of diversity and inclusion - e.g. LinkedIn; events; industry press - to build the know, like and trust’ with our prospects and members
- Attending sales events to generate and convert leads
- Onboarding call with Members along with Operations lead
- Ongoing account management to engage members in order to renew and upsell - in sync with Operations
- Contribute to Sales strategy in order to adapt to changing times
- Ensure we have the competitive advantage by monitoring competitor activity and ensuring our pricing, product and messages are on point
- Achieve individual and team targets to achievable sustainable profitable growth
- Proactively come up with new ways to achieve higher sales performance
Technology responsibilities include:
- Be involved in building and maintaining the systems infrastructure of the organisation, including CRM (HubSpot), Online Collaboration platform (Circle ), Website(s) (currently Google Workspace and Wordpress), Zoom and others as applicable.
- Manage internal and external IT resources and relationships.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in Business Development or Sales
- Strong resilience
- High level of positivity and proactiveness
- High level of commercial acumen
- Performance orientated
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbally
- Results focused: A proven track record of delivering in line with targets
- Adaptability : you will be able to bring direction and simplify complexity, operating in a highly energetic, start-up environment, reconciling the organisation’s deep sense of purpose with the need to commercialise the work we do to support our activities.
- High level of CRM with Hubspot to manage sales database and track activities
- Leadership and influencing: you will present your vision and ideas to the team and work collaboratively with others. You will liaise with comms and marketing representatives of member companies as well as media contacts, so excellent interrelationship skills are essential.
- Strategic outlook: you will be strategic in thinking while delivering excellence in execution.
- Experience of working in a membership organisation and in the HTL/Retail industry would be
a distinctive advantage.
- Experience of working in a startup, fast paced environment would be desirable.
- Experience of working in a consultancy would be desirable
- Experience of working in HR would be desirable
The person who would thrive in this role would:
● Have a self-starter and entrepreneurial mindset
● Actively collaborate with the team, sharing ideas & supporting others to achieve our common goals
● Have a positive solution focused approach to problem-solving
● Champion our mission and have a passion for making a positive difference
● Be confident to contribute and value the contribution of others
● Take ownership and be proudly accountable for everything you do whilst supporting the team when needed
● Be able to form strong relationships via excellent interpersonal skills
● Effective negotiator and influencer
● Strive to be industry leading and focus on aiming to achieve to the best of your ability
● Enjoy being creative and innovative with the openness to take on new challenges.
● Be present, proactive, positive and resilient
● Be adaptable - always open to change
● Have a team oriented approach
WiHTL and Diversity in Retail (DiR) are the most impactful Collaboration Communities in the hospitality, travel, leisure and retail sectors. Our mission is to support companies across the HTL and retail industry to create diverse and inclusive environments and positively impact 5 million employees in HTL and 1 million employees in retail globally by 2025.
inclusion in is our consultancy arm where we offer bespoke support to companies across all sectors.
This is a great time to join our purpose-driven, small (but rapidly growing) friendly, passionate and dedicated team that is committed to making a real difference. We believe that through collaboration we can amplify the impact of individual inclusion initiatives, together we can have a bigger, louder voice for the good of the Retail and HTL industry.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to 6 million people across Retail, Hospitality, Travel and Leisure globally by 2025.