Homeshare Ambassador – Waltham Forest
About Two Generations
Two Generations is a social enterprise that matches people who live alone and have a spare room (typically older people or those with disabilities), with younger people who can provide an overnight presence, companionship and some help with household chores (who in exchange will benefit from affordable accommodation). We collaborate with an array of partners ranging from local authorities in Harrow and Waltham Forest through to charities such as Age UK and World Jewish Relief about Homes for Ukraine. The social impact of Two Gen’s work is to help tackle multiple crises – an overwhelmed NHS, loneliness, cost of living, lack of support for unpaid carers, a need for greater options to allow people to remain independent, and climate change.
The Two Generations ‘Ambassador’ will be responsible for growing homeshare in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. This is a key part of a new pathfinder partnership between Two Generations and the local authority. As the Ambassador you shall:
- Be the champion for homeshare in Waltham Forest (providing an authentic local voice, which strengthens our legitimacy in the borough where we have or want to have a presence i.e. homeowners, mid-long term long term tenants, and homesharers).
- Raise awareness and understanding amongst local professionals (Council, Health, VCS) about homeshare as an option for their clients
- Build relationships with local partners in the voluntary and public sector (present at internal meetings and forums, follow up and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, provide training)
- Manage local marketing campaigns (which could include search, brochure, newsletters, phone marketing) as agreed with the local authority.
Whilst you will often be required to be onsite at various locations in Waltham Forest including the office of the local authority, the role will report directly to the Two Generations Senior Management Team.
Core skills -
- Gravitas to work collaboratively with an array of partners to advocate for the homeshare cause on behalf of the local authority and Two Generations.
- Previous experience at developing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, but in particular local GPs, social prescribers, the voluntary sector, and religious groups.
- Ability to understand and navigate ‘embedded referral pathways’ for different target audiences following training from management team (e.g. older homeowners, young homesharers, social prescribing link workers, different local authority departments).
- Building and following up a pipeline of new leads via email, LinkedIn and phone
- Working autonomously, for example giving presentations to prospects and their teams.
- Identifying new leads, both individuals and partner organisations, through desk research/LinkedIn.
- Refer any enquiries through to the operational team.
- Have a clear knowledge of Two Generation’s offering and keep up to date with any changes.
- Identifying cost-effective media & marketing opportunities, including speaker opportunities for the management team (e.g. events) and local media.
- Monitoring & evaluating the effectiveness of Ambassador campaigns in order to make incremental improvements.
- Competence with Microsoft Office and Google Drive (or ability to learn quickly).
- Other tasks that the Senior Management team may require from time to time.
Personal Qualities -
- Passion for the cause – your personal values align to that of the local authority and Two Generations for helping people
- Fantastic interpersonal skills - you will regularly be speaking with hot prospects face-to-face and over Zoom e.g. social prescribing link workers, charities like Age UK. You need to be professional and approachable.
- Written communication skills - Good standard of written English for email and marketing communications.
- Organisational skills - this role involves keeping up to date with new business leads and following them up in a timely manner using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, and Hubsport.
- Drive - A willingness to go out of your comfort zone and gain news skills in areas you may not have worked in before e.g. Canva, Facebook ads, Google Adwords.
Bonus attributes -
- You are familiar with the borough of Waltham Forest and/or Greater London.
- Availability to start very soon and ideally by end November/ start December 2022.
- Creating newsletters/promotional content using an existing template in Canva. We are not looking for a designer however it is useful if you have a good eye and are able to make basic but professional newsletters using programmes such as Canva which make design accessible to everyone.
- Creating content for Facebook and Twitter; basic video editing skills e.g. cutting up existing videos to make them shorter and more impactful.
- Basic knowledge of how to create Google Adwords campaigns.
Hours and Remuneration
We are looking for a part-time executive to work 15 hours a week based from Council offices and home. Ideally the role would be spread across a 5 day week but there can be flexibility if it needs to be focused on 2 set days. Remuneration is £36,000 - 40,000 pro-rata (£14,000-16,000 per annum) based on experience. This is a fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the potential to extend as we grow our ambassador model across Greater London and the rest of England.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] by the 11th November. Rolling interviews will start from that point onwards upon applications being received, recognising that we are keen to appoint as soon as possible. If you would like to speak to us about this opportunity before applying, please do reach out via the same contact details.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.