We’re passionate about the English language; and we design software that helps writers and editors produce their very best work. Our product, PerfectIt, is the leading proofreading software for independent editors, proposal managers, medical writers, and publications teams.
We’re a growing, profitable company that works 100% remote. Our team is split across the UK and US. This is a UK-based (full-time or part-time) position that requires evening work.
About the Role
You will ensure we provide good customer service across all accounts and take the lead on turning potential high value accounts into bigger customers. You’ll have responsibility for managing our most important clients. You will be their lead point of contact for all key client matters such as rollout, adoption, and configuration.
You’ll work closely with clinical research organizations, government agencies, engineering consultancies and law firms to build relationships and help them improve how they prepare their most important documents. You will develop and cultivate relationships, identify opportunities, and expand usage of PerfectIt within and across departments.
The role requires a deep understanding of writing and editing documents. We’re looking for someone who has opinions on apostrophes and a stance on the Oxford Comma. If you’ve worked with a house style or style guide, you’ll understand the concerns of our customers deeply!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure we provide quality customer service across all accounts
- Retain and grow major key accounts
- Be the first point of contact for our biggest accounts
- Build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders around the world
- Develop a sales strategy
- Achieve a minimum of 20% per annum growth in revenue from accounts under management
- Develop sound product knowledge to accurately advise users and prospects
- Provide product demos
- Help customers adapt PerfectIt to check their house style
- Advise on complex software installations
We’re a small company and you need to be prepared to jump in where needed. That includes covering technical support and basic admin when other team members are away.
You will report directly to the CEO, so you must be self-motivating and able to get things done independently.
You’re outgoing, patient, and love talking tech with customers. You’re independent and reliable. You’re a great listener, curious about everything, and love asking questions and solving user problems.
- A university degree.
- A professional background that involves writing or editing (e.g. bid/grant writing, regulatory writing, technical editing, or other roles).
- Demonstrable interest, and experience in, supporting customers in technology.
- Knowledge of sales methodology to get clear results in growing accounts.
- A flexible and proactive approach to work.
- Able to work from home on a PC with Windows, with an appropriate set-up for professional video calls.
Experience in giving product demos and/or training sessions would be a plus; as would knowledge of editorial style guides.
Work That Makes a Difference
We help users focus on the parts of their job that matter. From medical writers working on COVID-19 vaccines (yup) to proposal writers bidding on some of the biggest engineering projects in the world, PerfectIt helps users to worry less about typos and spend more time on the meaningful part of their work.
We were 100% remote before it was cool! Intelligent Editing has no offices, so you will be working entirely from home.
Our biggest market is North America. You need to be available regularly for evening meetings and to work in line with our US team. Outside of this requirement, your hours are flexible. If you produce great work, we don’t care when you do it. The position can be either full time or part time.
A Life Beyond Work
We believe in work-life balance. We’re sympathetic to the demands of parenting and welcome applications from experienced professionals from all backgrounds who need to work flexibly.
If You Love Learning...
We only hire outstanding candidates. We mix real responsibility from your first day with a startup environment where anyone can make suggestions. It’s the perfect way to pick up and try out new skills.
Summary of Highlights:
- Be part of small, profitable startup (employee #19).
- Use your background in writing or editing to make a real difference.
- 100% remote (we believe in trust and autonomy).
- Full-time or part-time position (40-hour working week or 20 hours part-time) with client meetings in the evenings.