We have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Pension's team. This role can be based in any of our UK offices.
In this role you will support the implementation of the Pension Group’s business development plans in order to drive increased sales of profitable, strategically-aligned work in to the firm. As well as providing strategic advice and guidance to the stakeholders, including on client development strategies; and to develop the group’s brand and profile.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing day- to- day support to the leaders of the Group on the wide range of BD initiatives they undertake.
- Advising on the strategic positioning of the Group to inform business development activity.
- Supporting the implementation of the Group's business development plans in line with the Firm's and Group's business strategy/objectives, focusing in particular on the development of reputation, key relationships and the development of new service lines and revenue.
- Working with the various sector BD teams to align business development
- Experience of undertaking a similar role, ideally in a partnership environment.
- Relevant sector experience – financial services background or knowledge would be particularly welcome
- Experience of a commercial environment
- Team management and mentoring skills.
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Up to 5 days' carers/parental leave per year;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Glenn Wilshaw. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Champion change, promote progress and enable everyone, to make business work better for people.
Our purpose informs everything we do. In combination with our code and values it gives us a clear direction for how we can make business work better for people for you, our colleagues, our clients and the wider community.
As part of the firm's HR strategy we are committed to being supportive about flexible working patterns and consider it important that we allow all individuals the opportunity to take advantage of flexible working should they wish to and if the firm can accommodate it. At application stage our recruitment team are happy to discuss what flexibility is required and will always have open and honest conversations with the hiring team to agree what works for you and the business.
We are a truly agile firm and believe work is something we do and not somewhere we go. Agile workers may work from any location – including but not necessarily from home. They may also break up their working day to enable them to take time out for caring, family or other interests and responsibilities, before completing their work outside traditional, 'core' office hours.
In 2021 we introduced a Carers Policy to help support individuals in the business with significant caring responsibilities, allowing up to five days paid carers leave per year on top of the standard holiday allowance.
- Flexible working policy
- Agile working policy
- Carers Leave policy
- At senior support level, you are entitled to private healthcare for you and your immediate family
- Employee Assistance Programme provides lots of useful information on looking after your health and wellbeing of you and your family
- Access to a savings platform to get discounts and offers from some of the UK's most popular retailers and attractions.
- Family Matters support network
- Maternity/ Paternity leave
- Global Family Leave (new in 2022) offering new parents – whether expecting or adopting – 16 weeks of paid leave up to the child’s first birthday, for parents of any gender, regardless of where you are based.