Job title: Hedge Fund Credit Analyst
Corporate Title:Executive Director
Department: EMEA Credit Risk Management
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Credit Risk Management, EMEA consists of approximately 20 Credit Analysts who work in one of four areas: Funds/Hedge Funds & CCPs, Financial Institutions, Sovereigns & related entities and Corporates. In addition, the analysts are supported by colleagues based in offshore & nearshore locations and Credit Risk Management middle office staff. The department is responsible for analysing counterparties, assigning ratings, flow trade approvals, and analysing specific transactions. We work closely with colleagues in other areas of risk and in other regions as well as front office and other departments such as Legal, Finance, Operations and Collateral Management. Each Analyst is responsible for a monitoring and managing exposure to a dedicated portfolio of counterparties.
Key objectives critical to success:
As a replacement hire, a new Executive Director level headcount is required. The position would require the candidate to independently credit manage a portfolio of Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds.
Reporting to the Head of Fund and Hedge Fund Credit, EMEA, the candidate would be expected to:
- Conduct detailed due diligence of new and existing client relationships.
- Use expert judgement to determine appropriate legal documentation and collateral terms, with the firm's policy standard and risk appetite
- Exercise delegated authority in the approval of Credit Risk internal ratings and limits
- Lead management of complex transactions, articulating the credit viewpoint to senior management and committees as appropriate
- Display a detailed understanding of relevant exposure metrics / frameworks, including VaR and stressing testing
- Contribute to the firm's Risk Change agenda and participate in external regulatory and internal audit assessments where necessary
- Training and mentoring of Team Members
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Significant experience in managing hedge fund credit risk at one or more major financial institution, including application of delegated approval authority.
- Product knowledge of all major derivative instruments and Prime Brokerage products/services with a full understanding their respective risk characteristics
- Understanding of master trading documentation, particularly International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA), Global Master Repo Agreements (GMRA), Futures and Options (F&O) and Prime Brokerage
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent
- Prior experience in managing Credit Risk in respect to Private Equity and Fund Financing transactions
- CFA qualification would be seen as advantageous.
Besides having a high level of expertise as a financial service professional, strive to retain clients' trust
Make appropriate decisions in all circumstances to ensure that Nomura will remain a Trusted Partner
Drive change across the organization by predicting change in the environment
Collaborate with different people across the organization, and leverage the diversity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Nomura as a whole organization
Drive strategies and clarify responsibilities of one's business area, and motivate others to contribute towards business success
Influence others to fully understand the significance and importance of corporate philosophy, professional ethics, compliance, risk management, and code of conduct, and make decisions and take actions accordingly in any circumstances
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the UK (who require a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that this is a genuine vacancy for a qualified role