Business Data Analyst, Contract
Job title: Business Data Analyst
Corporate Title: Contract
Department: Risk IT (Risk Engines)
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Risk IT is a global division responsible for the implementation, delivery and support of software used by the Risk Management division. Our systems calculate various counterparty and market risk metrics for the entire firm's trading books, and provide users with the means to query those results through a variety of UI and reporting tools.
The Risk Engines group is a global group responsible for the systems which handle the exposure and stress calculations, across both Credit and Market Risk. We interact with business users such as the risk quantitative analysts and risk managers. The sheer volume of daily data means we have to consider innovative solutions to allow our compute and data storage capabilities to scale with the demands of increasing trade populations and regulatory-driven business requirements.
Flexible Aggregation (FlexAgg) framework enhances the risk data aggregation capabilities and timeliness consistent with the guidelines established by the Basel Committee. The tool provides flexibility, scalability and depth to accommodate the diverse needs of risk system UI reporting which includes Market Risk, Credit Risk and Stress Testing. We require a Business Analyst to join the FlexAgg team to work on the development of risk UI views.
The successful candidate will work on the build-out of new features on FlexAgg risk views, collaborate closely with risk managers, project managers and other business analysts to analyze the requirement, implement the task, and enhance the design based on feedback across all the offices globally (Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, Mumbai, London, New York). The candidate is required to work with support team to release the new functionalities.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Working knowledge of relational database technologies and SQL
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Experience with data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions
- Excellent knowledge of Financial Products (Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Income, FX)
- General Concepts of Market Risk/Credit Risk
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office products, MS Project and Visio
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Market Risk - Basel 2.5, VaR, SVAR, Capital, Liquidity Risk, Private Equity & Investment Securities, Fundamental Review of Trading Book (FRTB), Standardized Based Approach and Internal Model Approaches etc., is highly preferable
- Credit Risk - CVA, Credit Exposure, Collateral Management
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Experience of Business Intelligence Tools(Business Objects, Tableau, MS Power BI, QlikSense etc)
- OLAP, OLTP, MDX Query
- Financial Certification preferably CFA or FRM
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, Statistics or Equivalent Experience