IMAGINE what you could achieve if we put our minds to it
Fundraising Executive – ICAS Foundation
Part-Time – 2 to 3 days per week (flexible hours also considered)
Salary: circa £27,500 per annum FTE - pro rata
Who we are:
The ICAS Foundation is a charity registered in Scotland. Our primary aim is to support academically talented young people from disadvantaged communities to study accountancy or a finance-related degree. This is achieved through a financial bursary, a mentoring scheme, and support in finding relevant internships and graduate jobs.
What the job is:
Working in collaboration with the Foundation’s Director, the Fundraising Executive will be responsible for establishing a cohesive fundraising strategy amongst ICAS Members to support the charitable aims of the Foundation. We are looking to develop a long-term strategy to transform the way in which the Foundation is currently funded. Therefore, this role will be pivotal to delivering the aspirations of the Foundation’s Business plan, the aims, and objectives of the Foundation Trustees, and for ICAS to ensure the viability and longevity of the ICAS Foundation.
Who we need:
We are looking for a creative, confident, and experienced fundraiser ideally with a charitable organisation background to join us to promote and drive the great work that the ICAS Foundations does.
Driven, hardworking, tenacious you will be able to identify, contact and develop potential new donors and effectively manage existing donor relationships. Your easy, professional relationship building and communication style will enable you to engender trust and support for the Foundations aims and build our pipeline of ICAS members and potential corporate donors.
You will be an expert both in the spoken and written word, writing engaging reports and communications on the virtues of being part of the ICAS Foundation. With a natural persuasive style, initiative, and research skills you will establish new fundraising opportunities, securing increased numbers, and foster renewed interest in what we are trying to achieve. Your success will be clear by increased donations from ICAS Members and a strong pipeline of legacy giving and corporate donations.
We are a small team, at times with all hands to the pump so you should thrive on the excitement and fun that working closely with colleagues can bring.
- Undertake research on prospective ICAS Members (using the ICAS personas) and to identify potential corporate donors from amongst ICAS Member firms
- Help to develop a fundraising strategy.
- Cold call potential donors and follow up on leads and build a sustainable relationship with them.
- Research and write case studies and communications on the impact of the Foundation’s work.
- Provide regular updates to donors on how their donation is spent.
- Respond to enquiries from ICAS Members and Firms.
- Write reports for the Foundation Trustees on the use of donations.
- Maintain and update a donors’ record on CRM system.
- Write internal reports, analysis fundraising progress on a monthly or periodic basis.
- Organise and take part in strategy and planning meetings with other members of the Foundation team.
- Contribute to the effective operation and development of the ICAS Foundation.
This is an exciting time to join the ICAS Foundation, so if you are looking for a new challenge, in a small organisation where you can play a big part and roll your sleeves up, this might be the job for you.
Please note that whilst this role is Edinburgh-based, due to our Head Office location, we are currently working remotely, as expected to due COVID-19 restrictions.
The ICAS Foundation is a charity registered in Scotland and places equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of all that we do. We are committed to building a diverse workforce that is beneficial for all, and that enables our communities to learn, grow and advance together.
IMAGINE. BELIEVE. ACHIEVE
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We very much look forward to hearing from you.