We’re on the lookout for a Part-time Campaign Manager to join our client-facing operations team. The role is pretty flexible in terms of hours but we are looking for someone to work around 20 hours per week.
The salary is £20,000-£25,000 pro rata (+ commission).
Ideally, you will have experience in a customer-facing role, however, we are open to all types of profiles so if you are interested but don’t think you meet all the requirements - please do still get in touch!
As a Campaign Manager, your main objective will be to work with our clients - who range from HR Managers and Internal Recruiters to CEOs and department heads. You’ll be in charge of a range of hiring campaigns, and will do everything from onboarding the client to advising on the positioning and presentation of a job to screening candidates. To achieve this you will need to build strong relationships with our customers. Think of it as Customer Support crossed with Operations with a dash of Recruitment. It’s worth mentioning however that you won’t be dealing with candidates - so arranging interviews, chasing people up and so on is not part of your job.
Success in this role will be down to your ability to work with other people, your consistency and attention to detail and your ability to write and speak clearly and engagingly.
You’ll be the face of TalentPool to our clients and will be responsible for changing the lives of candidates, and driving our success.
With your clients and campaigns, you’ll be busy day-to-day with the following:
- Onboarding, setting up, and supporting our clients on the platform
- Managing your clients’ recruitment campaigns from beginning to end, working closely with them to maximise their chances of a hire
- Working with our Business Development team to build relationships with our new clients, and maintain long-term relationships with our existing ones
- Helping to write, edit and review job descriptions
- Vigilant oversight of the campaigns’ performance, screening CVs, and stepping in where necessary to ensure good results. You will be the expert!
Here is what we’d love to see:
- Good communication skills, both in-person and on the phone
- An excellent eye for detail, ensuring campaigns are accurate before they are launched to our membership
- Fantastic organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Tech-savvy, and a fast learner with new systems and software
- Above all, you need to be enthusiastic, have a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving, and be willing to learn and pick things up quickly!
And here’s what we’d like to see, but isn’t a deal-breaker:
- Any Customer Service/Support/Account Management experience would be a plus, but is certainly not a requirement - full training will be provided!
You will be joining a team of highly motivated people who are passionate about TalentPool, bringing great, well-suited roles to candidates, and cutting out the faff in everyone’s job searches. If this excites you and you’re an energetic person who is willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you - even if you don’t meet all of the above.
- Truly flexible hours
- Lots of autonomy and trust to do the role independently with little interference
- Working principally from home
- Dynamic, friendly, and responsive team who are easy to work with
- Relationships with clients are generally very positive - crisis resolution or door bashing rarely required
- Established product and company who are well known in the market
- Paid holiday pro-rata and employed as an ‘employee’ under PAYE – this is not a self-employed role
- Invitations to team socials
Ideally, we are looking for someone to start within the next month, but we can be flexible. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.
What existing employees say about working at TalentPool:
"Working part-time at TalentPool allows me to shape my workday around my family's needs, whilst doing a job I find rewarding and valued by the company. TalentPool's culture is inclusive and supportive to working parents looking to make a difference within a dynamic young start-up."