We are currently looking to recruit a 4yrs+ TMT Lawyer to join the market leading technology transactions and advisory team.
Key characteristics of the TMT Lawyer we are looking for
- Technically excellent and with previous TMT experience of at least 4 years with an established private practice firm or large in-house practice
- Experience of leading on and/or performing the second in command role on TMT projects / negotiations
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Self starter, commercially aware and client focused
- Interest in business development and with significant previous experience of a wide range of business development activities
- Strong academic background, excellent communication and organisational skills
- International experience and interest in developing an international practice (foreign language capability a benefit, but not mandatory)
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual. Pinsent Masons has a large tier one international TMT practice with lawyers operating across the globe. In the UK, we have one of the most established TMT practices, with 29 partners and 82 additional fee earners advising on all aspects of technology, sourcing, telecoms, and digital law.
We are seeking to grow our international TMT practice across the UK and internationally. The practice has a strong focus on clients in the firm's global sectors of Advanced Manufacturing and Technology, Financial Services, and Energy, particularly institutional and blue chip clients, technology suppliers and customers seeking digital solutions and innovation. The team is focussed on key client propositions, such as MedTech, InfraTech, FinTech and Big Data, which interface to a wide range of sectors, such as infrastructure and construction, energy and real estate.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can make his or her own mark, operating across our national and international client base from whichever office they call home. Our lawyers are a key part of the team's development and are able to take responsibility for leading on projects, developing and leading client relationships, contributing to the team's business development plans, focusing on sector activity and supporting the growth of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging and will include:
- acting for customers and suppliers on their digital, technology outsourcing, business change projects, sourcing, and telecommunications related deals;
- developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as assisting with bids and pitch presentations for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- taking an active role in our campaigns and the development of our products.
The successful candidates will:
- have gained experience in a firm with an established TMT practice or a large in-house practice, specialising in sourcing and IT related matters;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be well-organised and have good project management skills;
- have the inter personal skills necessary for this client-facing role;
What will we offer you?
- We are a longstanding tier 1 rated technology and outsourcing team
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in the TMT sector.
- We have an unparalleled client base comprising major banks and insurance companies, major technology businesses, UK Government and a number of leading international companies in our global sectors.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training and career development programme. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in TMT. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- Early responsibility and opportunities to develop client relationships.
Please note we only accept applications made via our recruitment portal. Should you require further details, please contact our Recruitment Advisor Johenn Choi who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Champion change, promote progress and enable everyone, to make business work better for people.
Our purpose informs everything we do. In combination with our code and values it gives us a clear direction for how we can make business work better for people for you, our colleagues, our clients and the wider community.
As part of the firm's HR strategy we are committed to being supportive about flexible working patterns and consider it important that we allow all individuals the opportunity to take advantage of flexible working should they wish to and if the firm can accommodate it. At application stage our recruitment team are happy to discuss what flexibility is required and will always have open and honest conversations with the hiring team to agree what works for you and the business.
We are a truly agile firm and believe work is something we do and not somewhere we go. Agile workers may work from any location – including but not necessarily from home. They may also break up their working day to enable them to take time out for caring, family or other interests and responsibilities, before completing their work outside traditional, 'core' office hours.
In 2021 we introduced a Carers Policy to help support individuals in the business with significant caring responsibilities, allowing up to five days paid carers leave per year on top of the standard holiday allowance.
- Flexible working policy
- Agile working policy
- Carers Leave policy
- At senior support level, you are entitled to private healthcare for you and your immediate family
- Employee Assistance Programme provides lots of useful information on looking after your health and wellbeing of you and your family
- Access to a savings platform to get discounts and offers from some of the UK's most popular retailers and attractions.
- Family Matters support network
- Maternity/ Paternity leave
- Global Family Leave (new in 2022) offering new parents – whether expecting or adopting – 16 weeks of paid leave up to the child’s first birthday, for parents of any gender, regardless of where you are based.