Salary & Benefits: Competitive salary, Healthcare cover, Pension, Discretionary bonus scheme, learning & development opportunities to further your career within an international law firm.
We are currently looking to recruit a solicitor with 4+ years PQE, to join the TMT team in our Dublin office.
Key characteristics of the TMT Associate we are looking for
- Technically excellent and with previous outsourcing, commercial contracts, technology, and data protection experience of at least four years’ post qualification
- Ideally have spent a majority of time in private practice working in these areas. In-house experience in these specific areas also valued
- Enthusiastic and a team player
- Self starter, commercially aware and with an eye for detail
- Experience of supervising more junior lawyers and trainees within a team
- Strong academic background, excellent communication, and organisational skills
- Interest in an international practice (with foreign language capability a benefit but not mandatory)
Candidate & Role Summary
This represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual. Pinsent Masons has a leading international practice with TMT lawyers operating across the globe. The practice works with clients across a broad spectrum of industries, including technology products and services, financial services, life sciences and energy.
This is a dynamic team where every team member can truly make his or her own mark. This hire will offer the successful candidate the opportunity for early stage responsibility in a highly supportive and collaborative environment across a range of areas including project and strategic advisory work, developing client relationships, contributing to the team’s business development plans, working across our international client base and with our international offices in a sector focussed way, and supporting the development of more junior team members.
The role is wide-ranging, and will include:
- supporting clients with their material and strategically important outsourcing and commercial contracts
- supporting clients with their technology products, services and e-commerce;
- supporting clients with their data needs, including advising on data structuring and strategy and compliance requirements;
- developing ongoing relationships with an existing client base as well as involvement in identifying and pitching for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships within the Dublin practice and as part of an international team across our network of offices across multiple jurisdictions; and
- taking an active role in our sector-focused campaigns and the development of our innovative products and services.
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a firm with an established outsourcing, commercial contracts, technology, and data protection practice;
- have a strong grounding in those areas;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and willing to contribute to the development of junior team members;
- be technically excellent and exercise good commercial judgment;
- be receptive to different ways of working in a fast-paced environment, including a willingness to take ownership of work and to contribute to various aspects of the team's practice and client relationships;
- have strong inter-personal skills and be comfortable with client-facing responsibilities; and
- have an interest in being part of an international practice with a global outlook.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and international team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in outsourcing, commercial contracts, technology and data protection across a range of sectors.
- We invest in our team and have a first class training programme. Our training will support and assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
- We have a strong client base comprising blue chip companies across a range of sectors including major technology, finance, life sciences and energy businesses.
- We are recognised leaders in the development and use of innovative ways to deliver our services, including developing proprietary software products to make the delivery of legal services more efficient and cost-effective for us and our clients.
- An international experience working with colleagues in other jurisdictions on national and transnational matters.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Johenn Choi who can discuss the role and requirements.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.