We have a fantastic opportunity for a PR Advisor to join our Corporate Communications Team. This role can be based in any of our UK offices.
In this role you will:
- To contribute to the development and strengthening of the Pinsent Masons global brand as part of the communications team.
- To support Business Development on the co-ordination and delivery of integrated thought leadership campaigns via the firm's marketing teams and communications channels
- To create and implement a media relations strategy which is closely aligned to business development objectives in Pinsent Masons' core sectors.
- To take a hands-on role in generating coverage in the UK through the development of press-facing collateral, and work with non-UK colleagues to raise the profile of our brand globally.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To assist with the delivery of thought leadership campaigns, coordinating with the firm's digital marketing, brand and business development teams, and advising on the most effective launch channels
- To advise the relevant Sector Heads and business development teams on the promotion of the firm's sector expertise in an effective and consistent manner
- To play a hands-on role in achieving coverage in UK national and broadcast media, and key trade and vertical publications through the development of press-facing collateral (e.g. press releases, articles and other briefings) and work with non-uk colleagues to drive coverage in other regions
- To identify and establish strong working relationships with key target journalists, and facilitate relationships between spokespeople and key media through introductions, meetings and relevant pre-briefings.
- To support the PR Manager in the delivery of firm-wide corporate announcements & legal surveys
- To contribute towards the management, drafting and delivery of the firm's legal award submissions
- To play a role in enhancing the firm's reputation for ESG, D&I and wellbeing in line with the firm's Purpose-led culture and values
- To help maintain the firm's social media channels in line with firm strategy
To ensure accurate and regular reporting of comms activity and thought leadership campaigns into central management, benchmarking results against agreed objectives
- Previous experience of working in communications, either agency or in-house
- Strong relationship management experience
- A solid understanding of the use of social media as a communications channel
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- Defensive media management experience
- Join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Agile working i.e. the opportunity to work from home, subject to diary commitments;
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and the opportunity to purchase or roll over 5 days;
- Up to 5 days' carers/parental leave per year;
- Contributory pension of up to 5%;
- Private healthcare;
- Death in service cover (4 x base salary);
- Eligibility to apply for an interest free season ticket loan, an interest free gym membership loan and/or an interest free rental deposit loan;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Access to training and development to refresh or enhance your current skillset;
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Glenn Wilshaw. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.