"They have in-depth knowledge and offer commercially aware advice."- Chambers & Partners
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our highly regarded Commercial team in London, with a particular focus on telecoms. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and advise on high value, strategically important and often international projects within a supportive and collegiate environment.
Our lawyers are,"responsive, pragmatic in negotiations and knowledgeable about the sector." - Chambers & Partners
Our Commercial group provides leading-edge business solutions to clients, ranging from high growth start-ups to multinationals and covering the entire spectrum of commercial activity. Our commercial team has a strong reputation both with local and national clients requiring support on strategically important commercial projects. We have considerable expertise in a range of key sectors including digital business, financial services, energy and utilities and tech media and comms (TMC) where this role will have a particular focus.
Across the TMC sector, we have a market leading reputation and are at the forefront of developments in the telecoms sector. In this role you will have the opportunity to be actively involved in some of the most exciting projects that the telecoms sector has to offer including working with many of the leading players in the UK market including telecoms operators, mobile service providers, platform providers, infrastructure companies and technology suppliers around the world.
To find out more about the practice, please see the link below:
"As lawyers I find them straightforward, pragmatic and enjoyable to work with" - Chambers & Partners
Spanning all three of our UK based offices and working closely together, the Commercial department is made up of almost 60 lawyers in total. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the senior commercial telecoms team headed by Jon Fell (Partner) who specialises in telecoms matters, alongside Partners with a focus on large-scale transactions across of the TMC sector. Chambers comments that, "Jon is diligent, precise with his advice and commercially aware. He seamlessly moves between black-letter legal advice and commercial realities." There will also be plenty of scope to work with colleagues across different service lines and in our international offices.
- Assisted Vodafone with its negotiation of a five-year MVNO partnership with Asda Mobile.
- Advised a leading social media platform on the telecoms regulatory aspects of its multi-jurisdictional project to provide connectivity in emerging countries, and advised on net neutrality regulation.
- Supported a supplier in negotiations with a customer in relation one of the UK's leading O-RAN projects.
- Advised EE on the contract terms of its deal to provide a resilient 4G network to the Emergency Services as part of the Home Office's £1.2bn procurement for a new Emergency Services mobile communications network in Britain.
- Advised a communications provider on the development of its enterprise and consumer Internet of Things offerings including updating templates and processes to meet the European regulatory framework.
Technical skills and experience
You will have knowledge and experience across Commercial matters which will have been gained at a city, national or large regional law firm recognised for its commercial law practice, or in-house. Due to the nature of the work and the structure of the team, we are looking for a Senior Associate with previous experience advising on telecoms and related commercial and regulatory issues, although we will consider candidates with more or less experience.
Your career development
Like all our lawyers, you will benefit from our multi-award winning career development programme. At each stage of your career this provides you with:
- clear expectations of your role and what it takes to progress;
- high quality clients and work, with early responsibility and client exposure;
- thorough assessment and individual feedback from a range of experienced colleagues;
- robust technical training with early skills based development, increasingly tailored to you; and
- reward for your contribution, progression and potential, rather than PQE or tenure.
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits .
For more information or to apply
At Osborne Clarke we welcome direct applications - if you would like any further information about the role, or the firm, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact, in complete confidence, Rachael Hardwick in the recruitment team on email@example.com or 0117 917 3072.
At Osborne Clarke we value difference and encourage applicants from all social backgrounds, ethnicities, disabilities, gender identities, and sexual or romantic orientations. We want everyone to feel that OC is a place where you can be yourself and where you belong, and our range of interest groups and diversity networks - not to mention our great teams - are a part of making that a reality.
We support working families via a range of family and caring friendly policies and will accommodate flexible working where we can. We value the health and wellbeing of our people: for example, we're signatories to the Mindful Business Charter, have an active network of mental health champions and offer free initiatives and flexible benefits to all our people.
Being an inclusive employer is important to us. We have made a number of external commitments such as the Race Fairness Commitment and Women in Law Pledge, and are working with organisations like Stonewall to become a more inclusive employer.
Osborne Clarke is a Living Wage Employer, so we're committed to paying everybody in our business enough to live on and to enable them to save for the future.
We want you to be able to show us your best during the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments to be made during the application, interview process or when working with us, please let us know.