In-house Legal / Lawyer - London/hybrid open to 3, 4 or 5 days per week
This is a wonderful opportunity for a Lawyer to join one of the member firms of the Cross-market Insurance Returners programme. To read more about the returners programme please visit www.inclusivity.co.uk/insurance-returners. This opportunity is available on a 3, 4 or 5 day a week basis with hybrid office / home working split.
The purpose of this role is to support clients and colleagues through provision of legal and technical knowledge in respect of policy wordings, legal and regulatory developments, business tenders, and to act as a claims advocate on more complex claims. The role is very business focussed and is well suited to someone who enjoys understanding commercial business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- delivering high quality advice to the business in a practical and commercially focussed way in relation to your subject mater expertise
- working with senior claims managers, contributing to operational plans for departments
- managing assigned projects
- developing strong relationships with markets, both claims teams and underwriting (wordings development and negotiation)
- assisting brokers and account executives in relation to wordings, by providing advice to clients and by assisting in negations with the market
- monitoring legal, regulatory and claims developments impacting clients or the division/department