Our client is a Tier 1 investment bank, globally regarded for their constant success over the decades. A market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services, this is a brilliant opportunity for a Web Developer to join a well-established investment business.
This role is Glasgow based (flexible working available), and will be a 12-month contract (PAYE).
The Role/Ideal Candidate:
- As Web Developer / Full Stack, you will be responsible for connecting clients to quantitative analytics to enable and enhance trading strategies.
- Present and distribute this data in innovative ways.
- Promote best practices in terms of testing and development.
- You will be an active contributor to architectural design decisions and reviews.
- You will be a technically proficient and enthusiastic developer, with a desire to understand our business and technologies in order to help engineer new and existing solutions.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly skilled Web Developer to join the Quantitative Analytics team, in which you will be working with the very best in the talent, delivering market analytics solutions for the equities business.
As Web Developer, you will be heavily involved in employing HTML, CSS and related web technologies, as well as all aspects of software development.
The ideal Web Developer needs to be a practical technologist who demonstrates excellent problem-solving skills, enjoys all aspects of software development.
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience employing HTML, CSS and related web technologies
- Experience with Angular or comparable framework
- Experience of the agile methodology, TDD and associated tooling
- Demonstrable ability to meet deadlines and deliver results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You need to be comfortable working with the both the Equities Division and Technology colleagues
- Experience of full stack development- Equities/Finance domain knowledge