We are looking for Python Developer to join a tier 1 investment bank for a 12-month contract (PAYE), Glagow based. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Python Developer for Infrastructure Automation. We are looking for Python developer with experience developing a multi-tier web application including back-end enterprise software and infrastructure management tools.
- Be the sole owner responsible for developing and reviewing code and contributing ideas to a team of talented technologists
- Facilitate technical discussions and the development of web applications, web services, and public APIs that support hundreds of users
- Participate in the design of the web application
- Understand software requirements
- Implement various parts of the application using Python
- Formulate and implement recommendations/solutions
Due to the global nature of the team and function, you will be required from time to time to work and collaborate with colleagues located in US, Europe and Asia.
- Strong experience developing with Python
- TDD, CI and iterative software development
- Experience with application code and configuration scanning for best practices
- Designing and building RESTful service applications and clients
- The ability to effectively communicate with a global team and customers
- A solid understanding of change management processes
- Are able to write and present comprehensive technical content / documentation
- Thorough knowledge of web database applications
- General understanding of Linux & Apache
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols
- Excellent problem solving skills, and an eye for solving performance issues
- Experience with Python web frameworks development (flask, pylons, catalyst, mojolicious).
A big Plus:
- Strong Kubernetes experience setting up applications using Helm
- Knowledge of OpenShift