We are looking for Perl Developer to join a tier 1 investment bank for 12 month contract (PAYE) London based. Our client is a global market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
We are looking for a talented Perl developer with good experience developing a multi-tier web application including back-end enterprise software and infrastructure management tools. The project involves maintaining and enhancing the tool set used to request new technology assets.
- Maintain the existing perl codebase
- Troubleshoot issues impacting the PROD environment (note: this tool is used 8x5 globally, no weekend work expected)
- Work with our internal customers to gather and refine requirements for changes
- Enhance workflows, APIs and reporting components
The individual should have:
- strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Effective oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as the ability to work well in a globally distributed team environment.
- Due to the global nature of our team, the candidate will be required from time to time to work collaborate with colleagues located in US, Europe and occasionally Asia.
- Strong experience developing with OO Perl
- Strong experience working with RDBMS/SQL
- Designing and building HTTP service applications and clients
- Problem solving skills, and an eye for solving performance issues
- Working knowledge of Python
- Thorough knowledge of web database applications
- General understanding of linux & apache
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols