We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Trainer to join our IT Team. The main purpose of this role is to improve our people's IT knowledge and skills, enabling them to make more efficient and effective use of the company's IT systems.
We are happy to consider candidates who are looking on a full-time or part-time basis. This is a permanent position and ordinarily based out of our Bristol office with some home working available too.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors. And our unique approachable culture is not an added extra, it's fundamental to our success.
What you'll do
One of the main responsibilities for this role is to deliver our IT induction training to our UK and international new joiners with the aim of ensuring they have the necessary skills to perform effectively in their role. You will also run group training courses and one to one coaching sessions on our standard IT applications and hardware. The aim of these sessions will be to improve our people's use of technology in a measurable fashion and in line with the company's IT proficiencies framework. Furthermore you will assist the Projects IT Training Manager with the creation of support materials for new software or upgrade projects and provide roll out training to our UK and international offices.
All training is currently delivered online via Microsoft Teams but a certain proportion may be delivered face to face in the future.
Other duties will include:
- Assist with the creation of online learning materials in the form of e-learning courses, training videos, intranet pages and weekly tips and tricks articles
- Research, design, deliver and support new learning mediums such as workshops, seminars and e-learning
- Work alongside other members of the IT Training team to maintain existing courses and training materials in line with technical upgrades
- Prepare fully prior to all training or coaching sessions, addressing all requirements in advance
- Work with the training administrator to ensure each training initiative is run efficiently
- Carry out effective evaluation and validation of each training initiative and individual sessions for the purpose of management reports
- Assist the IT Training manager in identifying training needs on an individual and group basis
- Work with the IT ServiceDesk Analysts to answer queries on the use of MS Office and other legal IT applications
- Maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills required to fulfil the role
- Be aware of the risks associated with elevated access permissions and Information Security and ensure that your actions are undertaken in line with the Information Security Policy and current best practice
- Answer ad hoc training queries sent directly to the IT Training team
We are looking for
A qualified and experienced IT Trainer with a background ideally in professional services. You will also have experience in e-learning solutions, gained within an accredited service environment such as ITIL or similar.
- Confident at delivering training online as well as face-to-face
- Essential to have excellent IT skills; advanced use of Word, with sound knowledge of the other Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of legal IT systems; including document management systems, CRM tools and time recording software and SharePoint is advantageous
- Technical authoring experience
- Ability to work autonomously and to schedule your own resource appropriately
- Capable of multitasking, working under pressure and to working to tight deadlines
- Creative thinker who is able to, and enjoys solving problems for users
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications
- Committed to delivering an exceptional standard of service to users
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills