About Le Petit Planet
Le Petit Planet is a community-powered platform inspiring busy parents to consume mindfully for their children’s lifestyle and the planet.
We are the only ecommerce platform that offers accessible luxury yet sustainable edit of clothing, toys, furniture, home décor and gear for children through a circular business model of buy and resale
Our blockchain technology will allow us to create the world’s first closed loop eco-system for children’s products
Job Title: Marketplace Logistics Operations Manager/Senior Manager
Reports to: Co-Founders
Salary is pro-rata
This person will be responsible for managing the flow of goods across all our dropship partners. In charge of all daily operational issues relating to carriers and accountability for their operational, service level and commercial performance. Identify & drive change within the carrier portfolio to ensure Le Petit Planet customers receive the best possible delivery service.
Operational Performance of Carriers
Responsibility for operational carrier KPI’s
Management of the delivery and returns process including resolving daily issues
Managing the relationship and performance of carriers
Be the main point of contact and link between each carrier and Le Petit Planet customer service for any daily operational issues
Ensure procedures meet the operational needs of the Fulfilment provider
Set up and provide carrier exception reporting
Commercial Performance of Carriers
Responsibility for the carrier cost vs budget
Weekly monitoring of and reporting on carrier costs vs budget
Ensure carrier rates and over shipping costs are competitive
Continually look to improve and streamline reporting and communication processes with carriers and the rest of the business
Introduction of new carriers and/or services to support developments in the customer proposition
Production and provision of carrier forecasts,
Establish contingency – weather, capacity, alternatives
Learn and use proficiently the applications and systems required to deliver and support Carrier Management, including courier and airline tracking websites.
Learn and use proficiently applications and other IT tools to manage workload and to record documentation, these include Excel, Word, Outlook, Dropbox and shared folder and file directories
Identify and make improvements to IT tools
- Experience in International ecommerce logistics and carrier management, ideally within a marketplace
- Previous experience with VAT and Duties & Taxes regulations
- Interest in optimising processes and finding long term solutions whilst allowing for changes
- Self-motivated and comfortable to take on responsibility in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Possess a positive attitude, has roll-up-the-sleeves, and 'no-task-too-small' attitude
- A passion for developing best in class customer delivery experience.
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- You work in a clear, efficient and systematic manner
- Good ability to build & maintain relationships
- Problem solver
- Create, analyse, review and use data to make decisions
Le Petit Planet is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community.
Exciting, agile, collaborative, fast-paced, flexible, inclusive and passionate.
Employee can choose part time days which they work.