We have a fantastic opportunity for a Recruitment Assistant to join our supportive and friendly team on a full, part-time or flexible basis.
People are at the heart of our business. We are renowned for our unstuffy and supportive culture, encouraging all our people to make the most of their talent with stretching careers in a fast growing and exciting environment.
Our award-winning Recruitment team is highly respected for the central and strategic role it plays in making Osborne Clarke a great place to work. The team is made up of 10 people, covering recruitment at all levels across our three UK offices. We focus on attracting the best talent to the firm and work closely with the wider HR team to help ensure Osborne Clarke's continued growth and success.
Who we are:
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms with over 2000 employees in 26 locations*. With a focussed strategy and growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Expedia, Facebook, and EE as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups such as Uber and Airbnb.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the British Legal Awards where we were named 'Law Firm of the Year 2021', highlighting our progressive use of technology, clear understanding of the importance of diversity and social mobility, and the positive action we take in decarbonisation and sustainability. In addition, Osborne Clarke has ranked in the top five of RollOnFriday's independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for our friendly culture, management and flexibility.
What you'll do:
With high level support from the Recruitment Managers, you will help to attract, inspire and maintain a strong talent pipeline to ensure the continued growth of OC.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Research and market mapping for lawyer and business services vacancies ranging from Paralegal through to Partner level as well as all areas of business services (IT, HR, Marketing, Finance, Solutions, Risk & Compliance and PA Services);
- Keeping up-to-date with market information, informing relevant parties on an ongoing basis;
- Approaching candidates where required; maintaining a record of responses to approaches and updating the team and database accordingly;
- Managing the talent bank (database) on CVMail - including adding candidates, maintaining records in accordance with data retention periods and general communication to maintain candidate relationships;
- Assisting with the generation of social media and employer branding content;
- Promoting our employee referral programme;
- Supporting the recruitment team with general administration as required, including but not limited to arranging interviews and creating offer paperwork; and
- Ensuring the OC values of Fairness, Kindness, Honesty and Inclusion are upheld in all aspects of resourcing .
What we're looking for
We are looking for anyone with an interest in recruitment and/or market research, having gained some work experience in a role which included research and refining information in a structured and strategic way.
You will need:
- Strong written ability with excellent attention to detail and an understanding the importance of accuracy in your work;
- Good common sense, judgement and problem solving skills;
- To take pride in delivering an exceptional service with a pro-active approach to work; asking others what might be needed;
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise your workload effectively when dealing with conflicting deadlines;
- To understand when information you are working with is confidential and how this should be treated; and
- Proficiency in utilising MS office tools.