AirEx is a rapidly growing climate tech company with the mission to tackle climate change and energy poverty. We design, develop and manufacture smart home solutions helping householders reduce their energy bills whilst managing air quality. Climate change is the biggest challenge of our lifetime, and this is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on this problem. With our recent government approvals and a successful Series A funding round, AirEx is now entering an exciting new phase with ever increasing demand. We are looking to hire an exceptional Head of People & Culture to drive the company’s organisational goals as the team grows.
Your mission will be to drive AirEx forward as an employer of choice and execute the people strategy to promote a high-performance culture that supports AirEx’s business needs. This will include the development and implementation of a proactive human resources function to provide a range of HR services and activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Make culture a competitive advantage; support the leadership team in showcasing our culture and living up to our principles, making sure this is understood across the whole company.
· Provide hands-on HR support for our growing team, acting as a first point of contact for employees in HR / People questions.
· Supporting the leadership team with our recruitment activities including advertising, search and selection. This should aim to minimise the requirement for external recruitment/head-hunter support (except for specialist roles).
· Own HR processes including employee handbook, annual performance reviews, employee benefits, remuneration requests, reviewing and streamlining as required.
· Own working processes: identify and improve how team members work together seamlessly
· Support the leadership team with managing staff appraisals, development, as well as our OKR (Objectives and Key Results) system.
· Own People policies; be the main point of contact for internal policies, make sure that best-practices and regulations are consistently applied (working closely with our legal team).
· Support the leadership team in strategic workforce planning to identify talent needs.
· Design, implement and refine people experience: map out AirEx’s employee journey throughout the lifecycle and implement improvements.
· Design, develop and facilitate orientation and on-boarding for new team members.
· Organise workshops, team-building events, help facilitating all-hands / away-days.
Continuously optimise the professional development of current employees by shaping a powerful upskilling / learning environment and assisting in career development.
· Sustain the development of Airex community, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, help Airex build a strong, tight-knit internal community where everybody feels connected.
As a first People hire, initially your primary focus will be on recruitment and embedding a values and objectives driven company culture, alongside day-to-day HR responsibilities. As the team grows the emphasis on recruitment will likely fall to others as we build an HR team.
(NB. Please consider applying, even if you don’t meet all of the requirements described below)
· 5-7 years’ experience in “People” roles (Head of People / HR Manager / Talent Acquisition, etc), preferably experience in fast growing companies (startups / scaleups);
· Excellent interpersonal skills to connect people and being empathic to the employees;
· Experience in establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation;
· Keen interest and passion in sustainability / green economy / climate tech;
· Very strong people skills with a high level of self-awareness and emotional intelligence;
· Experience of leading successful Talent campaigns within or for a fast-growing business;
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills;
· Being comfortable and familiar with productivity tools, and have ability to develop an understanding of the substance of business initiatives;
· Highly organised, ability to work with a variety of people;
· Very strong and confident in senior stakeholder management and influencing skills
· You are a motivated self-started, proactive and hands-on;
· You have a solution-focused attitude with the ability to find practical outcomes;
· You have great communications and interpersonal skills to connect people and being empathic to the employees;
· You have a passion for supporting people to grow;
· You are able to demonstrate a "can do" attitude and an ability to take initiative and solve problems in a fast-paced environment;
· You are confident, challenging, creative thinker, with critical reasoning skills;
· You are keen to rapidly grow and develop with the company and are capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows;
An exciting, problem-solving and dynamic atmosphere, a flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people