Following the success of their 2021 search, Ramboll’s second Return to Work programme, welcomes applications from anyone who has taken a career break of 12 months or longer and who are seeking to reignite their engineering career.
With opportunities across the organisation, Ramboll is keen to match you to the most suitable role for you, informed by your previous experience, transferrable skills and career ambitions. Ramboll has partnered with Inclusivity to create a programme that will help you get back up to speed in a friendly and welcoming environment.
WHO IS IT FOR
Returner opportunities are available to those who have been on a career break of 12 months or longer from the time of application.
The programme is seeking expressions of interest from people with the following backgrounds:
- Civil, structural or mechanical engineering backgrounds
- Project management backgrounds within construction or engineering
- Renewable energy consulting
- Energy strategy
- Offshore wind consulting / project management / engineering / design management
- Sustainability experience
HOW IT WORKS
The Return to Work programme lasts for six months from your start date.
These paid opportunities will bring you up to speed with the current market while letting you put your past career expertise to use. While there are no guarantees, these fixed-term positions are designed as a stepping stone back into a professional career; our goal is to secure you a permanent position by the end of the programme.
You will also benefit from being part of a cohort of fellow returners and will be eligible for benefits and annual leave from day one.
Ramboll has a positive approach to flexible and hybrid working; they welcome applications from those seeking to work full- or part-time and, in most circumstances, offer additional flexibility around working hours and regular home working. You’ll be encouraged to think about and discuss where, when and how much you work before you start so that you can hopefully get the right balance from day one, but changes can be agreed at any time if your preferences or circumstances change.
Ramboll is offering flexible start dates from April through to September. Regardless of your preferred start, do get in touch sooner rather than later to learn more about the opportunities available.
To be eligible for any role in the programme you will need to:
- Have taken a career break of at least 12 months from the time of application (or be working at a more junior level than you had been before a previous career break or in a role that does not reflect your previous career achievements and potential )
- Have a keen interest in returning to work
- Be able to undertake the role for six months, with a start date anytime between April and September 2022
- Demonstrate previous experience in a relevant field to the listed opportunity areas
- Provide evidence of right to work in the United Kingdom
- Be able to work a minimum of three days per week
Throughout the programme Inclusivity will support you by:
- Conducting first interviews
- Ensure you feel comfortable before your interview and help you prepare
- Help update your CV and choose the best version to move forward with
- Prior to week one, you will join the cohort for pre-commencement training. This session is designed to place you in a position for a confident first day, equipping you with the knowledge and insights on how to take control of your own success
- Also prior to week one, we will deliver a training session to your line manager on how to best support a career returner, particularly in the early months.
- During the programme you will receive 3 one-to-one coaching sessions with Inclusivity’s specialist return to work coaches. These sessions will address any personal needs you may have.
- Connecting you with a buddy and an internal mentor
And finally, you will be a part of a fabulous cohort of returners who will offer you support and friendship as you all embark on this new stage of your careers.
Ramboll has a genuinely flexible working culture. You’ll be encouraged to think about and discuss where, when and how much you work before you start so that you can hopefully get the right balance from day one, but changes can be agreed at any time if your preferences or circumstances change.
Previous returners have accepted offers with a variety of different work patterns – 3 days, 4 days or 5 days. Hybrid office and home working. Term-time only working. 3 days spread across 4, etc. Ramboll wants to hear what works for you.
Ramboll believes in creating and embracing an inclusive culture. They value diversity and encourage individuals to be themselves, where knowledge sharing and learning together is part of their collective journey. Personal and professional development is central to their people policies and enabled with the help of a transparent organisation structure, annual salary benchmarking and promotion reviews, and guided development process.
Underpinned by strong values and ethics, Ramboll strives to support all colleagues throughout their life and provides an extensive array of benefits and initiatives to support employee and family health and wellbeing.
Ramboll is also unique in that it is 97.7% owned by a Foundation set up to ensure the long-term existence of the company. Profit is reinvested in the business, awarded to research and development projects, and donated to philanthropic causes. The remainder of its shares are owned by Ramboll employees.
These are just some of the ways that Ramboll demonstrates their commitment to providing a secure, exciting and inspiring workplace for their employees. They also recognise not all people will want to return to their careers on a full-time basis, which is why they are incredibly welcoming of those seeking both part-time and full-time returner opportunities.