Job Title: Claims Handler - Receive £1,000 as a signing on bonus if you join us as a Claims Handler
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time & Part Time considered.
Salary Range: £18,700 increasing to £23,000 over 30 months
Receive £1,000 as a signing on bonus if you join us as a Claims Handler. T's and C's apply, offer must be accepted by 31st December 2021.
Salary £18,700 increasing to £23,000 in increments on completion of our 30 months' pay progression scheme.
We are open to part time hours (a minimum of 22.5 per week) and split shifts will also be considered. We would require full time hours during the training period.
Our Household Claims department is a supportive and dynamic environment that delivers first class customer service at a time when our customers need us the most. We are looking for people who pride themselves on problem solving, are able to adapt to challenging circumstances demonstrating resilience and strives to get the right outcome for our customer. They work hard to improve themselves and support others. If you thrive on engaging with customers over the phone and have a positive telephone manner, then this could be the opportunity for you!
Claims Handler: Home insurance is there to help customers who have suffered losses caused by events such as theft, accident, fire, flood and storm. Our Household department is a busy and engaging environment where our colleagues are encouraged to work proactively to resolve claims in the most time efficient and cost-effective manner.
As a Claims Handler you will be responsible for dealing with new and existing claims. You will ensure that these are handled accurately and efficiently gathering all relevant information and evidence of the loss through quality conversations with our Customers. You will be exploring the extent and validity of a claim using sound judgement to make good quality decisions on a wide range of claims. The work is varied and involves using validation tools to improve efficiency and the overall claims journey.
Main Responsibilities as Claims Handler:
- Deal with new and existing Household claims ensuring the customer's requirements and expectations are met and understood.
- Engage with customers via the telephone to provide a high-quality claims service that strives for excellence.
- Make informed decisions regarding paying and rejecting claims up to handler authority limit, managing customer expectations and delivering updates with empathy.
- Ensure that claims are handled in the correct technical manner, in accordance with policy cover.
- Liaising with Policy Holders, Brokers, Underwriters, Loss Assessors, suppliers and other parties.
- Identify the indicators of fraud and use questioning/investigation techniques to see if the claim can be progressed to payment or repudiation.
- Take ownership of complaints and record details accurately and resolve where possible in line with company policy.
- Compliance with all company and Industry regulations.
- Ensuring you are treating customers fairly and acting in a professional manner.
Skills and experience you need as Claims Handler
- Positive attitude with a flexible and resilient approach to change.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal with the capability to write complex letters in line with company standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity and commitment when working both remotely and in the office.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others whilst maintaining an empathetic approach.
- Make good judgements throughout the claims journey and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use own initiative when prioritising your workload and ensure that you take a proactive approach when settling claims.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy when communicating with customers both written and verbally.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new systems.
- A natural ability to manage conflict with an investigative mind in order to solve customer enquiries·
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Claims Handler role based in Eastleigh:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 10 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
Please note - Training for this role will require ad hoc attendance to the office and will involve a mixture of working from our offices in Eastleigh and remotely from home. Before you apply please ensure you have an adequate space at home within an environment that is free from distraction and meets Data Protection requirements.
Shift work is required between our proposed core hours of 8am-8pm Mon to Fri and 9am-5pm at the weekends.