Source is looking for a part time UX/UI designer with experience building great products to join our product development team. Initially, you will lay the basis of a new product in discovery phase centred around how the team works together to deliver projects. The role will work closely with the product manager to deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive application design. Ideally we are looking for someone to work 22.5 hours over 3 days a week but we are open to discussing alternatives that are equivalent.
Source is currently using an external agency to review our brand, including how we position ourselves and present this to our clients. As part of this, the agency will be conducting a much-needed refresh of our website and we will take these learnings into how we design and build our products.
To further this work we are looking for a UX/UI designer with experience building great products to join our product development team. Initially, you will lay the basis of a new product in discovery phase centred around how the team works together to deliver projects. As the role grows you will be asked to work across our collection of products, both internal and external, creating experiences with the end user at the centre.
The role will work closely with the product manager to deliver an outstanding user experience providing an exceptional and intuitive application design.
What will you get up to day to day?
- Deep diving into user personas and requirements and translate into user experience flows.
- Developing UI mock-ups and prototypes that illustrate how products or features will work.
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems, design patterns and attractive user interfaces.
- Designing graphic user interface elements such as menus, navigations, search boxes and input fields.
- Usability testing mock ups and prototypes and iterating to further enhance user experience.
- Participating in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
What are we looking for?
- 2 years UX/UI design experience for digital products and services.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for web platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in your chosen prototyping tool such as Sketch, Figma, etc.
- Basic HTML, CSS and PHP skills are a plus.
- Proven track record of designing responsive, web-based features from inception to finish.
- Demonstrable experience of taking a significant user need or pain-point and figuring out what the solution might be.
Please note that for this role we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
We want our organisation to consist of people who:
Are generous with their time in order to help each other (and our customers) succeed
Take the wheel when needed
Have a positive attitude
Can always be objective and honest
Keep an eye on the future
Are always professional
Have a sense of fairness
Trust each other
Ask, listen and hear
Are curious, and who want to learn
Are constantly looking for ways to improve things (products and processes)
Develop products we can be proud of
Have an intuitive sense of what’s important
Demonstrate leadership by example
Laugh a lot
Ideally we are looking for someone to work 22.5 hours over 3 days a week but we are open to discussing alternatives that are equivalent e.g. 4.5 hour days to fit in with school hours.