Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum FTE
Part-time 15-24 hours per week
The Finance Director, who wears multiple hats, is looking for an experienced, highly organised Business Administrator, who can use their initiative and skills to support her with the smooth running of her non-financial responsibilities, which encompass the company’s Quality Management System; Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) arrangements; legal & contractual terms; and data processing responsibilities.
This is a varied role requiring good document writing and information management skills, organising and minuting of meetings, following up on actions, and maintaining communications across the business and externally.
What this is not: this is not a PA or receptionist role, nor a junior administrator role. Financial admin and Sales admin are covered by other staff, this is purely to provide admin support to the Finance Director. You might be a business administrator keen to grow your skillset and experience, or a risk professional in Quality or H&S looking to broaden your role.
Reactec is a friendly team of around 40 staff, who work hard but support each other - please see our profile for more information on our culture. We can offer a lot of flexibility with regards to how and where you work. This role requires you to work 15 – 24 hours per week and can be predominantly home-based, although occasional time in the office getting to know colleagues would be beneficial.
You will manage and document a range of procedures and information assets, minute and keep track of actions arising, and have responsibility for ensuring specific business processes stay on track. To achieve this, you will need to engage with and influence staff across the business.
- Administrative management of the company’s ISO9001 Quality Management System (QMS), including issuing updates to documents and organising and minuting meetings.
- Manage the internal quality auditing schedule and follow-up with auditors on audit reports and audit actions.
- In consultation with staff, draft/check and issue QMS policies and procedures to improve operations and functions of the business.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health & safety, and security standards, including organising and minuting staff EH&S meetings
- Maintenance of the company’s H&S/compliance e-learning platform & training program (scheduling courses, and reporting on completed courses and identified risks)
- Management of information assets within a due diligence register
- Support the risk management process, by managing the company risk register and keeping track of actions
A minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant role (which could include business administration, quality management, health & safety or risk management)
- Exceptional attention to detail & proof-reading skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Influencing skills to achieve desired outcomes and deadlines
- Highly organised and able to take the initiative
Reactec is a small but long-standing company of around 40 employees, whose staff work closely together to achieve the best outcomes for Reactec and our customers. No two days are the same in a small company, so we need a team that are prepared to be flexible, adaptable and supportive of each other. The management structure is simple and hands-on, with a small group of managers and two Executive Directors (the latter both female).
Please check out our profile page for more information on what we do and our core values which we live and breathe.
Prior to the pandemic Reactec already had several staff who worked remotely, based at home from the North of Scotland to the South of England, and even two staff living in Spain. During the pandemic the majority of staff worked remotely, and now around 20% of staff have returned to the office, a further 20% visit regularly (e.g. one day per week), and the rest are remote workers. 20% of staff work part-time, with hours of their choosing. There is flexibility to change work location, working patterns and working hours over time to accommodate changing personal circumstances: good staff are worth keeping.
• Flexible working arrangements (tailored hours, compressed hours, part-time, remote working)
• Matched contribution Pension Plan
• Employee assistance program - includes remote GP, physio & counselling services
• Healthy Lifestyle allowance - for personal health & wellbeing activities
• 35 days holiday (FTE) rising incrementally to a max of 40 days for long service