Jon Baines Tours is a tour operator that organises and runs professional study tours to destinations around the world. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised person to help us with the day to day administration of running our tours. This role is based in East Putney, London. You will support the Operations Manager, Product Manager, and Marketing Manager, and the role will involve a variety of tasks, including processing online and paper bookings, answering the phones, putting together client information packs, and liaising with suppliers and agents to make sure the tours can run smoothly.
We're looking for someone who is naturally meticulous, with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be a key player in a small busy company so you will be expected to be proactive, committed and able to use their own initiative. Demonstrable previous experience in a similar role is a must.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing bookings
- Processing invoices
- Keeping the database up to date with new client information
- Liaising with clients on the phone and via email
- Production of client information packs
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrable track record working in a similar administrative role
- Good communicator with solid presentation and written skills
- Highly organised and able to follow process, with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs and be proactive, and take ownership of the role
- Ability to use initiative and work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
- A big plus is if you are well-travelled with good knowledge of relevant destinations, local operations, and airlines but this is not essential
Please see www.jonbainestours.co.uk for more information on our company.
This is a temporary role initially but there is good potential for it to become permanent. It would suit a freelancer/self-employed person well. Day rate vs hourly rate can be discussed at interview stage based on what works for both of us.
The role is office based so would suit someone who lives within easy commuting distance of East Putney.
Please apply with your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.
The atmosphere is relaxed and typical of a small company. We enjoy a laugh and a social too!
Open to discussion re the number of days a week worked