We have an exciting opportunity for an EMEA Senior Business Analyst to join our Finance Business Planning & Analysis team in London or Dubai.
This is a broad and varied finance business partnering role to support our EMEA Business Manager with the commercial and financial management across the EMEA region (comprising Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, Netherlands, Middle East and South Africa). The role will require close working with the central FP&A team, alongside collaboration with colleagues across other commercial functions (namely Business Management and Pricing), as well as working with the relevant HR and finance operations colleagues. It will further naturally require close working with partners, fee-earners and business support in the EMEA region.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Commercial and financial analysis:
- Support the EMEA Business Manager in the provision of financial analysis to fee earners across the region, answering queries and providing commercial insight where required.
- Development and preparation of EMEA month-end analysis.
- Ad hoc analysis and presentations as required by the EMEA Business Manager.
- Analysis of any material variances in the EMEA management accounts, following up with key stakeholders where necessary to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Support the EMEA Business Manager with pricing on bids.
- Support the EMEA Business Manager with any financial modelling required for hiring and promotions.
- Support the Group Business Managers with any EMEA group and sector related queries.
- Develop as a trusted advisor to the business as part of the Finance team.
Planning and Budgeting:
- Work closely with the EMEA Business Manager to ensure that all budget system inputs are completed accurately and in accordance with the annual timetable. This will include working closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to resolve any issues and ensure that data loads are reconciled and agreed by the deadline.
- Monthly review of fee earner targets to ensure that the systems data is correct and accurate. Work closely with the financial systems teams and HR to ensure that all records are updated in a timely fashion and all queries are resolved.
- Work closely with FP&A and the Financial Systems team to develop and enhance reporting so that it meets the requirements across the EMEA region.
What we’re looking for
If you are the right candidate for us, you will hold the following qualifications and experience:
- University degree (2:1 or equivalent), ideally in a numerate discipline.
- Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA) with at least 3 yrs PQE.
- Previous experience of working within a Professional Services environment.
- Knowledge of legal practice management systems (Aderant, 3e).
- Previous experience of working with Adaptive, Tableau or PowerBI would be highly advantageous.
- Proven experience of working with varied and cross-functional teams, to include IT, HR, BD and Finance.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description, please contact our in-house recruiter, Bhavika Upton. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.
At Pinsent Masons we value diversity and inclusion. We are committed to creating a better workplace where all our talent can succeed and feel like they belong. We want to attract, retain and develop people at all levels and encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates whatever your ethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/ long term condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other characteristics protected by local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.