Banking and Asset - Based Lending Lawyer (4 to 8 YRS PQE)
We are currently looking to recruit a Banking Lawyer with 4 to 8 yrs PQE to join our Team to sit within Banking Team in one of our regional offices (Birmingham, Leeds or Manchester).
Whilst the ideal candidate will have some invoice finance, receivables financing or asset-based lending experience), candidates with a general Banking background are also encouraged to apply since knowledge of more general banking / LMA work is essential.
We advise a broad range of funders and borrowers on a wide variety of financing transactions, both bilateral and syndicated. We act for all the UK clearing banks, a number of other European and investment banks, independent financiers and investment funds on all types of facilities across asset-based lending, receivables finance and more mainstream corporate, leveraged and real estate finance. The wider structured finance team also advise on securitisation and debt capital markets transactions some of which the regional team will have an opportunity to be involved in should they wish to get involved. We also act for many borrowers, from listed companies to small enterprises, on their financings. Our practice is broad and very varied which means our team can experience some truly excellent work. We are looking to expand our asset-based lending team and are keen to find someone to help support and shape this growth.
We deliver a high quality legal service banking and finance team with access to a deep knowledge of current market practice. We deliver a truly partner led service and strongly believe in being fully joined up across our network of offices. Our talented team of lawyers has an insight and appreciation of the needs and pressures of clients in the financial services sector. We are renowned for the quality and speed of delivery of our advice, our innovative thinking and our grasp of commercial issues and are looking for like minded individuals to join the team.
Independent commentators on the legal profession rate our group's abilities across the range of specialist banking areas in which we advise and describe us as "impressive and prized by the high-profile banking clients" for whom we act.
Key clients include:
- Doncasters Limited
- Hill & Smith Holdings Plc
- Simpsons Malt Limited
- Shawbrook Bank Limited
- Secure Trust Bank plc
- RBS Invoice Finance Limited
- Lloyds Bank Commercial Finance Limited
- Acting for Doncasters Limited in connection with their $100m capital raise under their existing funding arrangements.
- Acting for Pertemps Network Group Limited in connection with a new £100,000,000 receivables finance facility.
- Advising the banking syndicate in relation to the £105,000,000 receivables finance facility refinance of Staffline Group plc alongside their IPO.
- Advising City Electrical Factors in connection with their new £225,000,000 ABL facility.
- Advising Sykes Seafood Holdings in connection with their £150,000,000 ABL refinance.
- Acting for Hill & Smith Holdings Plc in connection with all aspects of their financing arrangements which includes both the syndicated bank debt and the private placement debt.
- Advising Simpsons Malt Limited in connection with their £90m syndicated ABL facilities.
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a commercial firm but be willing to learn new skills;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues both in the office and in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role; and
- have a "can-do" attitude and be willing to work with colleagues and partners collaboratively and enthusiastically in the national structured finance practice, and other senior lawyers in that group, on both transactions and practice development.
What will we offer you?
- We are a market leading, dynamic and growing global team who work together to produce outstanding results for our clients.
- We invest in our team and have a first-class training and career development programme, monthly 121s, career discussions and biannual appraisals. Our training reflects our position as a market leader in communications and sourcing. Our training will assist you to develop as a specialist with valuable sector knowledge and the ability to deliver "best of breed" services.
Pinsent Masons won the ‘Best Talent and Inclusion’ award at The Lawyer Awards 2022 and is the only law firm named in the top 16 most inclusive businesses in Europe by the Financial Times Diversity Leaders Report. The firm is named amongst the top inclusive UK employers for the 16th consecutive year by LGBT+ equality charity Stonewall in its Workplace Equality Index and won the Legal Business ‘Law Firm of the Year’ award in 2021. Go to www.pinsentmasons.com/accolades to view all of our global awards and nominations.
Should you require further details, please contact our in house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Johenn Choi who can discuss the role and requirements.
Our purpose informs everything we do. In combination with our code and values it gives us a clear direction for how we can make business work better for people for you, our colleagues, our clients and the wider community.
We are a truly agile firm and believe work is something we do and not somewhere we go. Agile workers may work from any location – including but not necessarily from home. They may also break up their working day to enable them to take time out for caring, family or other interests and responsibilities, before completing their work outside traditional, 'core' office hours.
In 2021 we introduced a Carers Policy to help support individuals in the business with significant caring responsibilities, allowing up to five days paid carers leave per year on top of the standard holiday allowance.
- Agile working policy
- Carers Leave policy
- At senior support level, you are entitled to private healthcare for you and your immediate family
- Employee Assistance Programme provides lots of useful information on looking after your health and wellbeing of you and your family
- Access to a savings platform to get discounts and offers from some of the UK's most popular retailers and attractions.
- Family Matters support network
- Maternity/ Paternity leave
- Global Family Leave (new in 2022) offering new parents – whether expecting or adopting – 16 weeks of paid leave up
to the child’s first birthday, for parents of any gender, regardless of where you are based.