TAS FDD Manager (happy to talk flexible working)
TAS FDD Manager (happy to talk flexible working)
More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
For this specific role within our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team, we are keen to consider, and adapt the role, for those individuals looking to work less than full time. As with all of our roles, a hybrid working model will apply, enabling a mix of office/client time and remote working.
A look into the role
The Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provides a broad range of advisory services to clients, primarily in a deals environment, including financial due diligence (FDD), tax due diligence, Treasury and Strategy & Commercial Advisory (SCA).
As a member of the FDD team you will be providing financial due diligence on both buy-side and sell-side transactions for private equity and corporate clients. You may also have the opportunity to work on public company transactions, primarily on AIM Market operated by the London Stock Exchange plc. On a day-to-day basis, you will principally be performing financial analysis and report writing as part of the production of a financial due diligence report.
A Manager must be capable of interfacing with clients, management teams, external financiers and other professionals. A Manager should know when to seek advice from the manager/senior manager and other specialists as appropriate and demonstrate strong commercial flair
As a TAS Manager within our team, you will:
• Demonstrates good commercial thinking to understand the client and the business issues.
• Takes an active part in networking events and undertakes a direct approach to target.
• Aims to build a personal network from which to generate leads.
• Is actively involved in marketing events and is an ambassador for the firm.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
• Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
• Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
Credibility as a representative in TAS
• Creates a positive impact with colleagues and clients, projecting a professional image.
Takes a second level client relationship position behind associate director / director / partner and can fill in for an associate director as primary contact whilst they are absent.
• Understands the perspective of different clients on the same job.
• Engenders trust and respect from a range of clients by responding to client demands and keeping clients up to date on progress.
Client take on/risk management
• Resolves and identifies risk management issues and applies knowledge to manage site issues.
• Mitigates risk through review and involvement of senior people and other specialists.
• Drafts letters of engagement accurately.
• Ensures client take on processes are completed accurately and on a timely basis prior to associate director / director review prior to submission.
• Capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from an associate directors.
• Reviews executives output, ensuring key issues are communicated effectively.
• Seen by peers and subordinates as a reference point for advice on particular technical areas and provides on the job training to executives.
• Demonstrates an understanding of technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when appropriate.
• Ensures overall team is involved in planning meetings, providing key overview and insights on the project, summarising the key business drivers of target businesses.
• Drafts fee estimates and budgets for submission to an associate director.
• Updates the planning memo accurately.
• Manages the day-to day aspect of assignments under associate director/ director /partner supervision.
• Keeps partners, directors and associate directors informed of progress, draws issues to their attention and discusses conclusions with them.
• Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• Monitors and manages assignment costs versus budgets, including challenging team member time charged to other departments outside of Transactions Services.
• Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy (including approval sign off).
• Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
• Organises formal and informal team meetings.
• Demonstrates leadership within the team.
• Actively seeks opportunities to attend workshops to develop technical and softer skills.
• Demonstrates a clear appetite for self development through the performance review and PDP processes.
• Reviews work afterwards for learning points.
• Coaches executives and assistant managers and provides on the job feedback.
• Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
• Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
• Ensures own time is utilised effectively, as well as time of employees on their assignments, and identifies opportunities to work more efficiently.
• Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a TAS Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a professional qualification (ACA, CA, ACCA or CIPFA) with post qualification experience, and to be confident managing a large portfolio of audit clients. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- CA/ACA/ACCA qualified
- Previous Audit/TAS experience
- Previous experience in Transaction Advisory ideally professional services
- Managerial experience
- Some experience of client facing work in relevant industry sectors
- Experience of applying commercial judgement
- Developing experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Developing ability to build and maintain a network of industry contacts
- Extensive experience of writing and reviewing report
- Good working knowledge of MS Powerpoint, Excel & Word, internet and email
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.