Contract: Temporary – Maternity Cover
Location: Remote with occasional visits to the head office in Bury St Edmunds.
Reports to: Financial Manager
Hours of work: Flexible – would consider full-time or part-time hours.
Benefits: 7% Pension contribution, Performance related bonus, Medical, free family entry to Go Ape, DRT day (‘Do the Right Thing’ charity day), 25 days’ holiday plus Christmas shut down, Workplace Nursery Scheme, Cycle to Work and much more!
As a member of the Finance Team based at our Head Office (working remotely for the foreseeable future), the main focus of your role is to successfully process the payroll for around 900 employees and the administrative tasks surrounding payroll and pensions.
You will require meticulous attention to detail and be able to meet tight deadlines and as this role will involve access to confidential information, you should ensure data security at all times
You will provide day-to-day support to Managers and Employees regarding payroll queries (including pensions). You will be also responsible for the maintenance of the payroll system, timesheet app, collating data and processing the payroll
Experience of working in a payroll environment is essential as are excellent time management and communication skills (both orally and in writing).
This is a challenging and busy role. The successful candidate will need to have a Payroll and Pensions background. Good time management and the ability to prioritise own workload is essential. The successful candidate will need to have good communication skills and be able to build relationships across all levels of the business. As each day may involve dealing with instructor payroll questions and payroll issues, you will need an open mind, willing and friendly disposition and be able to take on anything the job may bring. You will also need good organisational skills, attention to detail and have a self-motivated attitude to work.
Payroll Administrator - Primary duties will include:
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all authorised amendments to the payroll including all statutory payments in accordance with HMRC legislation
- Liaising with the People Team to ensure you have all the required information in relation to new starters, leavers, personal details and salary changes
- Processing P45’s in a timely manner, liaising with Operational managers and the People Team as necessary
- Updating the system to reflect any changes to employee details in a timely manner adhering to payroll deadlines
- Delivering payroll information and guidance to employees across all levels of the business
- Maintaining a monthly payroll file containing all temporary and permanent variation documents
- Preparing payments of statutory deductions (e.g. Earnings Attachment Orders) to third parties in a timely manner complying with any deadlines indicated
- Preparing any necessary reports for internal departments
- Liaising with the People and Finance Team with regards to employee benefits
- Administration of the company pension schemes and auto enrolment requirements in accordance with Pensions Regulator requirements
- Assisting the Finance team with the reconciliation of payroll and statutory payments
- Supporting and advising employees and Managers in relation to pay, taxation and national insurance and deal with any other payroll queries
- Run and upload the payslip file to Pay Dashboard
- First point of contact for Payroll related queries from across the business. Always aiming to give everyone a clear and timely response
- Liaising with the Operational Support to ensure you have all the relevant Payroll data
- Regularly reviewing processes to ensure they are as effective and efficient as possible
- Monitoring changes to government schemes i.e. Job Retention Scheme in order to ensure changes are adopted and embedded in our internal processes
Payroll Administrator - The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a payroll function within a comparable role
- A professional, friendly and approachable manner coupled with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels, especially when under pressure
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills with meticulous attention to detail
- A ‘right first time’ attitude
- Database management and record keeping skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Self-assured working in an autonomous environment, as well as amongst a team
- You will be a confident user of MS office including Excel and Word as well as the ability to manage/learn new systems quickly and efficiently
- 5 GCSE`s or equivalent at grade C and above, to include English & Maths
- Competency in using Star Payroll and working with NOW pensions are an advantage
- Candidates who possess a Payroll qualification such as CIPP or a Customer Service related qualification such as NVQ Customer Service Level 3, or equivalent would be of particular interest
- Strong understanding of systems, with experience of implementing change
- Understanding of working within the visitor attractions industry