TITLE Financial Director
SECTOR Clothing / Apparel, Footwear, Retail, Ecommerce
JOB TYPE Permanent, Part time, initially 4-8 days per month
BASED Remote / Head Office in South Kensington
SALARY £80k FTE
MULO is a British men’s footwear brand dedicated to precision detail and sustainable sourcing and production. Passionate about reimagining staple footwear styles for men, their focus is meeting the changing needs of the modern wardrobe. Designed in London and expertly handmade in Portuguese workshops, each pair is crafted in 100 individual stages adding comfort to the premium fit. The range includes espadrilles (the original product), slippers, sneakers and boots.
The business consists of two revenue streams: e-commerce and wholesale (accounts include Mr Porter and Matchesfashion.com). MULO is a small but growing business with ambition to be a category-leading, international direct-to-consumer brand in the sector.
Named ‘Brand of Tomorrow’ in 2015 by Walpole, the official sector body for UK luxury.
Working alongside the business founders, we are looking for a Finance Director who is an excellent accountant and hands-on with company finances. They also need to be extremely commercially aware to give strong strategic direction on the best path of growth for the business and to keep tight control of the cashflow.
Joining a young growing business, the right candidate needs to be pragmatic, dynamic, and passionate about the business and its trajectory.
· Full ownership of the company financial and accounting processes
· Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
· Stakeholder management, particularly where investors may be involved
· Oversight of the financial modelling provided to investors, and relevant investor reporting
· Lead on monthly reporting, providing strategic guidance and direction
· Drive revenues, gross margins, and profitability
· Creating detailed company forecasts, setting budgets, and understanding variances against the budget
· Leading on cash flow management, including cash forecasting, and working capital movements
· Implementing and reporting on company KPI's
· Developing and maintaining first-class systems, processes, and controls
· Working with external accountants to prepare and present monthly management accounts
· Responsible for merchandise planning model to inform stock buys
· Ensure that the regulatory requirements are met
· Strong accountancy experience and qualifications
· Commercially astute, pragmatic, articulate and strategic
· SME Retail business experience strongly preferable
· Merchandising experience
· Excellent Excel skills
WHAT WE OFFER
· Join a small and hard-working family business
· We support flexible schedules
· Staff discounts