Our Finance Department are growing and looking for someone to join the team as a Finance Business Partner. As one of our Finance Business Partners you will continue to develop a financial reporting suite for financial management, profitability performance and investments. You'll also help to implement a client profitability and pricing model to support the business and enhance client service.
This is a permanent position, based out of our Bristol office with travel to our Reading and London offices as needed. We are happy to consider the role on a full time or part time basis, as well as some home working too.
Osborne Clarke is recognised as one of the UK's most forward-thinking law firms with over 2000 employees in 26 locations*. With a focussed strategy and growing international reach, particularly in Europe but also across Asia and the US, we look after a wide range of commercial clients such as Expedia, Facebook, and EE as well as entrepreneurs and digital start-ups such as Uber and Airbnb.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the British Legal Awards where we were named 'Law Firm of the Year 2021', highlighting our progressive use of technology, clear understanding of the importance of diversity and social mobility, and the positive action we take in decarbonisation and sustainability. In addition, Osborne Clarke has ranked in the top five of RollOnFriday's independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for our friendly culture, management and flexibility.
What you'll do
As a Finance Business Partner you'll work closely with the Head of Commercial Finance to develop and maintain a Financial management information suite to support the strategic goals of Osborne Clarke. More specifically you will:
- Support in the development of financial metrics and tools to support Financial reporting, profitability growth, pricing and Innovation to maximise profitability
- Automate and simplify current financial reporting and adapt to stakeholder usage
- Deliver strong financial business partnering to UK practice groups and sectors and drive financial performance
- Proactively drive stakeholder engagement with senior leadership
- Partner with Operations Directors, HR and Marketing to provide cross-function operational support
- Have line management responsibilities of a Commercial Finance Analyst
- Develop pricing methods and provide pitch support to the business covering tenders to clients including, alternative fee proposals and ongoing post tender review
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and insight into the commercial context of the firm
- Develop and deliver commercial finance training across Osborne Clarke
What we are looking for
You'll need to be fully qualified (CIMA or ACCA) with previous experience working as Finance Business Partner, or alternatively have a background within commercial finance or FP&A. You'll also need to demonstrate:
- Experience working in a complex business environment, with an understanding of business strategy and strong commercial awareness
- The ability to write insightful financial and commercial commentaries based upon sound financial management
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience building and developing strong relationships within different areas of the business, with the ability to explain financial information to non-finance people
- Confidence to influence and challenge where appropriate
- A proficient level of understanding in Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, manipulation of complex data tables, creation of financial models, data manipulation)