We are seeking a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to join our Finance team on a 14 month fixed term contract. This varied and busy role will require you to support the business to make well informed decisions and you will need to produce the month end deliverables, KPIs, budgets and other financial analyses.
Working as part of the core Management Accounting team, you will provide assistance to other members of the wider finance team and be fully involved in the monthly and yearly end processes and any reporting requirements, as necessary.
The work will be able to be carried out flexibly with remote and office-based working and we are happy to consider candidates on a part time or full time basis.
Day to day you'll be successful in this role by:
Providing assistance as required across the Management Accounts team, your key responsibilities will include but, will not be limited to:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Working with the assistance of the Finance Analyst to process the monthly reporting cycle including reports that are used at different levels across the business.
- Taking the lead on the analysis of unbilled Work In Progress and aged debt recoverability; working with the business and management to optimise the cash position of the business.
- Key business partner for the firm’s Finance Partner, responding to requests for analysis such as the Team P&Ls by Cell and other ad hoc analysis as required. Reviewing the analysis produced to inform future actions and where further analysis should be performed.
- Providing general support to fee earners and Management Board where necessary.
- Performing ad hoc analyses with the ultimate aim of driving profitability and improving financial hygiene of the business. Recommending areas where more regular review and analysis is merited and driving this activity.
Monthly Reporting Cycle and Statutory Accounts
- Constantly reviewing and refining the Management Accounts process in collaboration with the Finance Manager, with a focus on detail and streamlining the process.
- Contributing to the overall completion of the month end process to tight deadlines, specifically responsible for the completion & analysis of revenue and provisions. Production of detailed variance analysis for all fee earning teams, creating team P&Ls with insightful commentary and KPI analysis for review by Group Financial Controller.
- Taking the lead with year-end preparations including production of the annual Financial Statements, production of bonus calculations.
- Being a key contact for audit, responsible for presenting the judgemental areas for audit review and liaising on any queries or additional requests.
- Overview of intranet front page financials to include maintenance of fee earner budgets (hours and fees) including adjustments for starters/leavers to ensure team fee budgets remain constant.
- Preparing the firm’s annual budget and regular forecasts, in collaboration with the Finance Manager.
- Being a point of contact for the firm’s internet banking and other systems used within the finance team including the software used for our supplier payments and the credit control system.
- Reviewing & authorising of regular payments generated by AP/cashiers through online banking and cheque runs.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to enjoy a new challenge. SQL experience is desirable, but not essential for this role.
With a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a qualified accountant (ACA or similar), this role will suit you if you are able to use your initiative as part of a team.
The role requires the ability to quickly understand and roll forward spreadsheet driven processes and you must have excellent attention to detail. Excel skills are a must but, more importantly what will help you thrive in this role is the ability to stand back and see the bigger picture of what the process is trying to achieve and then the ability to check that the outputs are sensible in light of this understanding.
You will be a self-starter who is able to take responsibility and ownership for your work. You will have good communication skills, both oral and written, with the confidence to liaise with personnel at all levels of the Firm and with external contacts. We expect you to have the ability to prioritise workload and work closely to deadlines with minimum supervision and under pressure. You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive.
Lastly, excellent Microsoft Office skills, with advanced Excel skills will be crucial to succeed in this role.
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.