We have a part-time opportunity for an individual to join our Client Money team in either our Cheltenham or Glasgow offices. This is a permanent position.
This role sits within our SIPP (Self-Invested Personal Pensions) business and reports in to the Head of SIPP Governance, Risk and Reporting. We have 15 client money accounts with over £100million of cash and numerous individual bank accounts which all need to be reconciled in line with FCA Guidance. We are also required to report to our regulators on a regular basis.
This role is in addition to our existing team and has been created to support growth in the business.
Full training will be provided and there will be an opportunity to study for a professional industry qualification relevant to your role - fully supported by the business.
Working hours: 15 to 20 hours per week spread over 4 to 5 days if possible. Mornings are preferred but we will consider other working arrangements. We offer a hybrid working pattern where you will share time between the office and home - getting the best of both worlds.
Working in a team of 2 other experienced reconciliations administrators, your responsibilities will include:
- Complete the internal and external client money bank account reconciliations for all accounts
- Investigate, resolve and record problems/queries/anomalies relating to the client money bank account reconciliations and monitor on an ongoing basis
- Complete individual/joint bank account reconciliations
- Investigate, resolve and record problems/queries/anomalies relating to the individual/joint bank account reconciliations and monitor on an ongoing basis
- Assist with the completion of the monthly Client Money Asset Return
- Assist with the management of the funding process where needed and reconciliation of payments back to Barnett Waddingham
About the Person
You might have experience of bank reconciliations already but we are also happy to receive applications from candidates with administration, data input and checking experience.
You will have an eye for detail and be the sort of person who can spot if something doesn't quite look right!
You will also be keen to learn new skills and develop a wider understanding of our SIPP products.
As part of a small team, you will need to show good team working skills.
As a minimum, Maths and English in any of the following qualifications:
- GCSE grade 5 / C or above
- Scottish National 5 certificates grade A to C
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year (pro-rated for part-time employees) with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbeing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.